VIDEOS FROM ABRUZZO
In this section of our website we provide a selection of the best videos about events and places in Abruzzo. It is divided into categories. You may require Adobe Flash Player, if not already installed on your computer. None of these online videos are hosted on this website: all videos are embedded from YouTube, Google Video or the like. They are freely available on the Internet. This list is open to your contribution: please let us know if you know of more videos, or even share yours!
- Bucchianico, musicians and "Sbandieratori" (flags players)
- Campo di giove, at the foot of the Majella mountain: Christmas events
- Cocullo, Images from the "Festa dei Serpari" (festival of the snakes), taking place all first Thursdays in May, for the Feast of Saint Domenico. Video from the 1993 edition.
- Silvi, unusual snow at the seaside, December 2007
- Sulmona, Easter Sunday 2007, "La Madonna che Scappa"
- Sulmona, the procession of the Holy Friday
- Sulmona, the "Giostra Cavalleresca", July 2007 edition
- Torricella Peligna, a series of musical videos taken during the annual festivities of August 2007, available through the Torricella Peligna website
- Villa San Sebastiano, near Tagliacozzo, "Festa della pupazza"
- Wonderful video about the four provinces of Abruzzo, by the Abruzzo Bureau (in Italian...)
- Short video by an American traveler covering Guardiagrele, Lanciano, Capestrano, Sulmona, Castelli and Civitella del Tronto
- Atri, a nice slideshow on this ancient Roman town
- Calascio and its impressive Rocca, a beautiful video
- Capestrano, a nice video about this ancient village in the Tirino Valley
- Chieti, the Church of San Giustino and the immediate area
- L'Aquila, nowadays and as it looked like in the past
- L'Aquila, interesting video, in Italian, about the Fountain of the 99 Spouts (Fontana delle 99 cannelle)
- Loreto Aprutino and Penne, trip through the beautiful Vestina area
- Pacentro, a slide show on this picturesqye town near Sulmona
- Pianella, province of Pescara, Church of Santa Maria Maggiore
- Santo Stefano di Sessanio and the Rocca Calascio
- A nice video from Roccacaramanico, at the foot of the Maiella mountain
- Tagliacozzo, beautiful video on this old town near Avezzano
- Tione degli Abruzzi, Santa Maria del Ponte and the Sirente Mountain, great documentary