FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our groups usually have interests in history, art, culture, architecture,
food, traditions, crafts and family research. Their ages vary, however many
have already traveled to Italy's most famous big cities.
Our intimate groups, usually around 10 to 15 people, will let you find similar
friends, while allowing us, your tour hosts, a chance to know you all.
All our travelers have the same goal... a desire to understand the culture and customs of the places they visit, while gaining an in depth appreciation of traditions, cuisine and the Abruzzese and Italian lifestyle.
The Food and Wine Tours for the year 2008 are scheduled in June, September and October, wonderful months to visit Abruzzo. The days are often warm, with average temperatures between 65 and 75 Fahrenheit, while the evenings are usually cool and fresh, especially in October. Snow could still be on the huge mountain peaks of Abruzzo in early June, offering an outstanding scenery. You may need a warm jumper or jacket and a scarf for the evenings during October, but we experienced great sunny tours in the last years, anyway!
We recommend that you be able to walk well as many of the tours visit traditional towns with undulating walkways on cobbled paths, and bus access can be limited. There's no medical restriction on who can book a place on the tour. We've fully researched all the safest areas. Also, we can extend or shorten walks to fit the group's average walking style.
You'll never feel like you're part of a herd, while on a tour with us!
Wherever and whenever its possible, we break up walking tours with extended meals and flexible stops. And it is always possible to take time off from the program, whenever you like.
The tour price for our Food and Wine Tours is 1,990 Euros per person, in twin share accommodation. Trying to help you limiting the money loss with the bad Euro exchange rate, this price is blocked since 2003. A deposit of Euros 290 per person is required to reserve a place on the tour. This deposit is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The balance of 1,700 Euros is due no later than 60 days before tour starting day. Single supplement is available at an additional cost of 250 Euros. In case you can't join the tour for any last minute unforseeable event, we will refund you the whole balance amount. We also reimburse the whole amount in case we don't reach a minimum number of 6 people.
- Accommodation in superior 3-star hotels, en-suite facilities, double rooms with private bathroom with shower, colour-tv, radio-set, direct-dial phone with supplementary socket for Internet connection, minibar, and digital safety deposit box, continental breakfasts (check the hotels' websites to get the exact information).
- Daily escorted visits, according to the itinerary
- Authentic traditional meals on selected local restaurants on all sites
included in the itineraries, including wine and spirits.
- According to the itinerary, special wine, cheese, gelato and olive oil tastings in typical local agritour centers, wineries and cantinas
- Travel throughout the tour by air-conditioned coach or van,
including transfers to and from Rome (1st day pick up at the airport included)
- Land insurance coverage for health, accident and liability from Europ Assistance (a major Italian company)
- The services of the tour leaders and English-speaking guides throughout
the tour, and special personal guided tours hosted by local experts when needed
- Paid entrance to all included activities and museums
- Brochures, maps and handouts on all excursions
* Noon meal is the main meal of the day in Abruzzo. Our travelers usually like to have a very light dinner, as those tour noon meals are large and substantial and definitely rich! But not to worry, dinners are included at the hotel restaurant in Atri, while many nearby restaurants and trattorie at reasonable prices (a regular meal at restaurant is about 25/30 Euros) are available in L'Aquila and Rome (last night).
- Airfares. Contact your travel agent, or find the best price on the Internet (examples: Travelocity or Orbitz). Then just let us know your flight details, and we'll pick you up at your arrival time.
- Single room accommodation
- Meals on days at leisure and when not expressly mentioned*
- Personal transport costs (car rental, taxi etc.), phone calls, laundry service etc.
- Individualized assistance during the days at leisure**
- Anything not specified above
** Visits to other places, genealogy research, locating and meeting
relatives, escort services. If you desire to book these further services,
please provide information long in advance, so we may guarantee our
availability. Our discounted fee for such a personalized day trip in Abruzzo is 350, that includes: English speaking guide, driver, assistance in meeting relatives, car rental and gas expenses, insurance (only meal is not included).
We accept all credit cards through PayPal, personal checks, bank wire transfers. Contact us to receive more information.
6 people is the minimum number to make a Food and Wine Tour. In the improbable case we do not reach that number 60 days before tour beginning, we reimburse the whole amount already paid.